Recycle your Christmas tree with Keep the Midlands Beautiful!
December 26, 2010 – January 14, 2011
Please follow these guidelines:
- Remove all lights, tinsel and ornaments from the tree.
- Remove tree from stand.
- Drop off trees only - no wreaths, garland, or other greenery
- Remove tree from bag and remove any string, wire, or ties on the tree.
Free Christmas Tree Mulch!
Free mulch made from the recycled trees will be available to the public at the following two locations on Saturday, January 15, from 9 AM until the mulch runs out:
- Clemson Institute for Economic & Community Development (Clemson Road across from Village at Sandhills)
- Seven Oaks Park (200 Leisure Lane; near the intersection of St. Andrews & Piney Grove roads)
Christmas Tree Drop-off Locations
- City of Columbia Compost Facility -121 Humane Lane, Columbia, SC. (Off Shop Road across from the SPCA). Open M-F, 8:30 AM - 4:00 PM.
- Clemson Institute for Economic & Community Development - 900 Clemson Road.
- Crooked Creek Park - 1098 Old Lexington Highway, Chapin, SC. (Next to Chapin Middle School.) Open daily 7:30 AM - 11:00 PM.
- Fort Jackson Recycling Center - 5671 Lee Road, Fort Jackson, SC. (Enter the Fort through Gate 2 on Forest Drive. After Burger King, turn left onto Lee Road.) Open M-F 7:00 AM - 3:00 PM.
- Hollow Creek Tree Farm - 228 Windmill Road, Gilbert, SC. Click here for more information.
- Lexington County C&D Landfill - 498 Landfill Lane, Lexington, SC. Open M-Sat 7:00 AM - 4:30 PM.
- Lexington County Sandhills Collection Center - 3241 Charleston Highway, Cayce, SC. Open Mon, Weds, Fri, Sat 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM and Sun 3:00 - 7:00 PM
- Lexington County Southeast Collection Center - 538 Martin Neese Road, Swansea, SC. Open Mon, Weds, Fri, Sat 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM and Sun 3:00 - 7:00 PM
- Richland County C&D Landfill - 1070 Caughman Road North (off Monticello). Open M-F 7:00 AM - 4:30 PM, Sat 7:00 AM - 12:30 PM.
- Richland County Lower Richland Drop-off Center - 10531 Garners Ferry Road. Open Mon-Sat 8:00 AM - 6:30 PM, Sun 12:30 - 5:30 PM.
- Saxe Gotha Presbyterian Church - 5508 Sunset Blvd. (Highway 378), Lexington, SC.
- Seven Oaks Park - 200 Leisure Lane, Columbia, SC, (Near the intersection of St. Andrews and Piney Grove Roads.)
Grinding provided by: