Recycle your Christmas tree with Keep the Midlands Beautiful!
December 26, 2013 – January 16, 2014
We are postponing the Mulch giveaway until Saturday, January 18th!!
Trees may be dropped off December 26, 2013 through Thursday, January 9, 2014. The LAST DAY to DROP OFF TREES is THURSDAY, JANUARY 16. Mulch will be available for pickup on Saturday, January 18th.
Please follow these guidelines:
- Remove all lights, tinsel and ornaments from the tree.
- Remove tree from stand.
- Drop off trees only - no wreaths, garland, or other greenery
- Remove tree from bag and remove any string, wire, or ties on the tree.
Free Christmas Tree Mulch!
Free mulch made from the recycled trees will be available to the public at the following two locations on SATURDAY, January 18, 2014 from 8:30 AM until the mulch runs out:
- Seven Oaks Park – 200 Leisure Lane, Columbia, SC 29210 (near the intersection of St. Andrews and Piney Grove Roads).
- South Carolina State Farmers Market – 3483 Charleston Highway, West Columbia, SC 29172.
Christmas Tree Drop-off Locations
- Ball Park Road- 301 Ball Park Road, Lexington. M,W F& Sat 7AM-7PM Sun 3PM-7PM
- Bush River Road-6109 Bush River Road, Columbia. M,W F& Sat 7AM-7PM Sun 3PM-7PM
- Caughman Road Park–2800 Trotter Road, Columbia. M-F 2-9PM, Sat 9AM-8PM, Sun 1-6PM.
- Chapin- 103 Distant Lane, Chapin. M,W F& Sat 7AM-7PM Sun 3PM-7PM
- City of Columbia Compost Facility –121 Humane Lane, Columbia. (off Shop Road across from the SPCA). Open M-F, 8:30AM– 4PM
- Clemson Institute for Economic & Community Development–900 Clemson Road, Columbia.
- Crooked Creek Park – 1098 Old Lexington Highway, Chapin. 7:30AM–11PM.
- Edmund Landfill- 498 Landfill Lane, Lexington. Mon – Sat 7AM–4:30 PM
- Friarsgate Park – 1712 Chadford Rd., Irmo. M-F 2-9 PM, Sat 9AM-8 PM, Sun 1-6 PM.
- Forest Lake Park – 6820 Wedgefield Rd., Columbia. M-F 2-9 PM, Sat 9AM-8 PM, Sun 1-6 PM.
- Fort Jackson Recycling Center – Building #5671 on Lee Road, Fort Jackson, SC. (Enter the Fort through Gate 2 on Forest Drive. After Burger King, turn left onto Lee Road.) Mon – Fri 7AM – 3PM and Sat 8:30AM – 3:30PM.
- Holiday Inn & Suites Columbia Airport – 110 McSwain Drive, West Columbia.
- Hollow Creek Tree Farm – 228 Windmill Road, Gilbert. (www.hollowcreektreefarm.com).
- Hollow Creek- 125 Beulah Church Rd, Gilbert. M,W F& Sat 7AM-7PM Sun 3PM-7PM
- Leesville- 702 South Lee St, Leesville M,W F& Sat 7AM-7PM Sun 3PM-7PM
- Lower Richland Drop-Off Site- 10531Garners Ferry Road, Columbia M-Sat 8AM-5PM, Sun 12PM-5PM
- Polo Road Park – 730 Polo Road, Columbia 29223. M-F 2-9 PM, Sat 9-8 PM, Sun 1-6 PM
- Richland Co. C&D Landfill – 1070 Caughman Road North, Columbia 29203 (off Monticello). Open M-F 7 AM – 4:30 PM, Sat 7 AM – noon
- Richland County Adult Activity Center-7494 Parklane Rd, Columbia. Open M-Th 8AM- 8PM, Fri 8AM- 7PM
- River Chase-110 River Chase Way, Lexington M,W F& Sat 7AM-7PM Sun 3PM-7PM
- Sandhills Collection Center–3241 Charleston Hwy. Cayce M,W F& Sat 7AM-7PM Sun 3PM-7PM
- Saxe Gotha Presbyterian Church – 5508 Sunset Blvd. (Highway 378), Lexington
- Seven Oaks Park - 200 Leisure Lane, Columbia (near the intersection of St. Andrews and Piney Grove Roads)
- South Carolina State Farmers Market – 3483 Charleston Highway, West Columbia
- Southeast Collection Center–538 Martin Neese Rd, Swansea M,W F& Sat 7AM-7PM Sun 3PM-7PM
- St. Andrews Park- 920 Beatty Rd, Columbia 29210. Open Mon, Wed, Fri 2 -9 PM, Sat 9 AM-8 PM, Sun 1-6PM
Grinding provided by: